Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Experience Shows It

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on August 25, 2002 14:56:14 UTC

Hi Dolphin,

You wrote, in part:
"Believe me it would be fun to discuss these topics you mention: "history, ecology, human rights, honesty, entropy, economics or theology."

If you mean that you would love to indulge in these less important pursuits, but you have had more important pursuits such as discussing Dr. Dick's paper when he keeps saying you have no capacity... there seems no reason to believe you. Your answer today labelled "Firebreaks" proves to me you haven't taken THIS issue seriously. You answered Dr. Dick more than 100 times with long weird posts about math, but you completely dismissed the math of the forestry issue with a reference to "a very small fraction." "Believe me," I have a good grip on my fractions. I think arithmetically. The point is, to manage the forests right, we must make the right decision in several different ways. Each issue affecting a fraction of the forest is independently important. But you simply dismiss the issue and move to hocus-pocus about telepathy. Although you are highly intellligent... based upon your reply, it would be possible to dismiss YOU as a correspondent on this issue except that the views you present are related to the views of a large number of persons who believe in mystic medievalism, authoritarian catholicism and intractable illogic. So I am pointing to your answer as exemplary of your usual approach. That is the kind of management approach that we founded a country to overcome.
Is it more mean-spirited to say that
answer is bad, or to have given that answer? I think the latter is worse.

Dolphin wrote:
"For the record may I say that I think human beings are radically different creatures than many suppose them to be."

Yes, all information is radically different than many suppose it to be. We call some people ignorant but we take care to dispute their views by describing and attributing those views for the sake of discussion. I don't see you doing that here.

Dolphin wrote:
"And that all problems in the mentioned topics are easily solvable.

This universe: it may be mistaken to assume it. It may be more accurate to feel it being created now?

If humans have the natual ability to be telepathic, and to teleport; that solves transport! That dramatically reduces pollution! (No need for cars, jets, etc.)

If human beings naturally love one another and are like Jesus Christ; that solves human rights!"

I agree that staying home in the life of the mind and spirit IS an excellent thing and would help in various ways.
But humanity is compulsively engaged in what we seem to feel is a building stage....lots of bluster and rushing to and fro, with only a "very small fraction" of our mental capacity ever being used for individually contemplating the meaning and purpose of their lives, or the most advantageous ways of interfacing with the physical universe. So yes, we are creating the local universe with our thoughts.
And "we" includes the majority who are dedicated to being robotized by a few shallow autocratic cultural or religious leaders, some of whom have always used the words "Jesus Christ" to destroy human rights. It may be some kind of infantile drama they are adamantly One way in which humans are different than we sometimes suppose is...that they're not all that interested in what Dolphin and Carefuluniverse think the human race should do with their options. I don't see as much in the magic of Jesus Christ's name as I do in the ramifications of his thinking. Interpersonally, for example, Jesus would never stick to Dr. Dick's paper and neglect all the other issues.
Yet that's exactly how humans seem to behave.
And in the past, when we entrusted an organization with creating the kind of world you and he describe, it simply went on rampages of various kinds.
So some of us formed a country
and we are very sad that so many
lying bastards are so dedicated to
twisting its purposes and substituting voodoo
for good management...however much they try conceal their purposes with pretty notions.
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins