Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Platyputz?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on December 18, 1999 02:20:12 UTC

"Real human interaction? One could make the argument that this (anonymous) kind of communication is the best one. Here is only the mind important, neither flesh nor blood can throw you off the track. What a person thinks and says that is what the person is and not what he/she looks." Beez

That would be the pro, ideas are valued purely on their merit. But what I was appealing to was a sense of human connection. We sort of have that, but not to the extent of a real flesh n' blood relationship.

"Pfffff...I'm only afraid of chipmunks! :)=)" Beez

Uhh... sure! I'm only afraid of dung exploiters.

"Christian? What? I thought it would be clear. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding. That with the born-again Christian was a Christmas joke! :)=) I said it would be as sure as my name is Beelzebub that I am a Christian now. Not? What I replied to Phil.o.Sofir's "Get to know eachother formally..." is the truth. I never really lie. :)=)" Beez

Hmmm. I guess it should have been obvious. I must have missed it. Alrighty Beez... ya bloody pagan.

T (before): "I think we are selfish by nature. The whole premise behind evolution is selfish... survival. With humans, it's collaborative selfishness (we all work together because we gain more from it). It's ironic that the competitive mechanism of evolution would have produced such a cooperative species. Oh well. Maybe God has a sense of humor. Just look at the platypus :o)"

"What is with the platypus?" beez.

It's a duck billed mammal that lays eggs (I think). It just plain looks funny.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins