Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yanniru You Are On The Money

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on August 23, 2002 06:02:08 UTC

Hi Yanniru,

you seem to be close to my understanding of Dr. Dick's work.

"on understanding DrDick is that he samples invalid data and then finds bounds or constraints on its existence. Now assuming that all data in the world is either valid or invalid, these are the constraints of valid data as well."

The constraints would affect both valid and invalid data if they are the defining limits of both. The question is what can you put into a region of probability; what patterns are allowed and what patterns are not allowed; by definition?

What does it say about reality? Maybe it says that REALITY IS. Dr. Dick himself said that reality is what it is.

The idea may be this: anything you say about anything else might be either a new creation, or double-defining and contradictory?

So true communication creates a new relationship, a new creation?

I wrote this to Aurino;

"broad defining" : example: the word "communication" is a very broad way of defining the word "telephone". Too broad, as there are other forms of communication it appears.

The equations: Newton's gravitation equation says the constant of gravitation = mass one times mass two, divided by the distance between them squared.

I'm saying that you can imagine a distance in meaning between words in a dictionary; and that the "meaning" of a word is a concept like "mass".

I'm suggesting that if you look at all the ways that words "contain" each other re: their meaning in a dictionary; Newton's equation might describe this.

The meaning of a word times the meaning of another word: all possible paths (through meanings of other words) that connect those words could be the m1m2. Divide that m1m2 by: the distance between these words, times the distance between these words.

That is, divide by the paths that do not connect these words times the paths that do not connect these words.

That is, divide by all permutations and combinations of words that couldn't connect those two words.

So we have: all possible meanings that connect the two words, divided by all possible meanings that do not connect the words.

You get a constant?

Yanniru: do you follow my argument to Bruce about gravity as the force of old time?

-dolphin

"broad defining" : example: the word "communication" is a very broad way of defining the word "telephone". Too broad, as there are other forms of communication it appears.

The equations: Newton's gravitation equation says the constant of gravitation = mass one times mass two, divided by the distance between them squared.

I'm saying that you can imagine a distance in meaning between words in a dictionary; and that the "meaning" of a word is a concept like "mass".

I'm suggesting that if you look at all the ways that words "contain" each other re: their meaning in a dictionary; Newton's equation might describe this.

The meaning of a word times the meaning of another word: all possible paths (through meanings of other words) that connect those words could be the m1m2. Divide that m1m2 by: the distance between these words, times the distance between these words.

That is, divide by the paths that do not connect these words times the paths that do not connect these words.

That is, divide by all permutations and combinations of words that couldn't connect those two words.

So we have: all possible meanings that connect the two words, divided by all possible meanings that do not connect the words.

You get a constant?

Relativity may fit into this system.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins