Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
CBS Calls For Reparations For Slavery

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Whittier on August 18, 2002 02:36:32 UTC

Dave Barrett of CBS Radio News
took the position that reparations
are due to black folks for "all that we have endured."
Since there are 200 million slaves in the world today, it will be interesting to see whether
they will also be given reparations. Reparations are what the loser of a war pays to the winner, as you probably have heard. Funny thing is, they have been counting on the kindness and idealism of the swing vote -- liberal white folks. Scary part is, in my experience, only a few percent of superior persons in any group are actually grateful for justice and loyal to their benefactors.

The United States has transferred hundreds of billions of dollars from lighter complected folks to darker complected folks via the welfare state and Great Society since 1970. Will they do this in other countries? Of course they are always trying.
Call me a "liberal" if you will, but I don't mind
letting good, honest, loyal Black folks have some reparation money. Unfortunately, there are a lot of mean, disloyal, dishonest, and mentally disorderly folks of all colors, and this issue attracts some of them.
I can even see some merit in he idea of giving money to Irish and Scottish folks who were chased off their land by oppressive British landlord agreements. And everyone knows the Romans owe reparation money to the closest relatives of the Cathars of France for
the horrible mass murder the Roman Catholic church committed when they replaced a more northern people with a more southern people, all in the name of ideological purity...you know...political correctness.
Now if you read that tale, it's all skewed by the
careful apologists for Inquisitional Land Acquisition.
The Romans, of course, are, in part, descended from North Africans who sailed across the Mediterranean when the Sahara dried out about 3,000 years ago.
Examples abound.
Next, of course, after reparations, they'll say
they invented the modern age. Yes...larger dots of pigment in skin did all that.
It has all been discussed quite well by others.
Question is, why is a well-heeled "News Dude"
including himself as a victim of slavery? Why else? Fo' de munny!
MP

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins