Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good To Hear From You Harv!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on August 16, 2002 22:19:53 UTC

Hi everyone, especially Harv,

It's good to hear from you again, Harv.

***I still maintain that Dick confuses ontology ("what is reality?") with epistemology ("what am I justified in saying that we know?").***

You might be right about that. When you interpret what Dick writes, you can find a mix of ontology and epistemology and it would be easy to come to the conclusion that he confuses the two. It could also be that Dick is not confused about the two, but has written in a way that causes confusion in the reader.

But I still maintain that you can cut through all of that. You can forgive Dick his manner of speaking and writing and look for nuggets of insight in what he has done. Yes, you will find a confusing jumble of words, but with some work, and with some direct explanatory help from him, you can sort it out.

It was exactly that approach that I hoped I could get you to understand and to take with an old post to you that I spent a lot of time putting together. Since neither you, nor anyone else ever responded to that post, I thought I would offer it again. I think it addresses the issues that you have just raised concerning the recent conversations about Dick's work.

You can find that post at

http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/16277.shtml?base=330&show=top

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins