Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm An Idiot

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on August 14, 2002 12:43:55 UTC

Luis,

" You understand Einstein this summer, but did not last summer "

I have a very serious character flaw: when I realize I'm wrong, not only I admit it but I also feel proud of having learned something.

That is a character flaw because it undermines my reputation, as any rational person knows that intelligent people never make mistakes, much less admit it!

" You demand of Alan that he tell us, "in three sentences at most, what in the world" he’s talking about. "

No, I didn't "demand" anything from Alan, I only asked him to tell *me* what he's talking about, and that is only because I'm honestly interested in his ideas, as opposed to being interested in making him appear like a clown.

" Yet neither you nor Stafford can tell us in such simple terms what "challenges" of Stafford’s the rest of us might enjoy exploring ... "

It's my experience that you can never convince a person of a fact that person does not want to accept. But that is not what concerns me. The real problem is, if that ever happens to you how would you know about it? Are there facts about the world which I'm refusing to accept?

In a sense, that's Stafford's challenge, in a sentence instead of three. I'm sure it's not good enough for you, as you are sure the issue does not exist.

" I think Stafford's "challenges" are old news, and as you [...] explore these ideas, you're slowly learning exactly how old and commonplace they are. "

Is that so? Is quantum mechanics old news? Relativity? Is the fact that physics doesn't make sense even to most physicists old news?

What planet are you from?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins