Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Inconsistententententententency

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on August 12, 2002 02:43:03 UTC

"How can a person who's been outside the Milky Way Galaxy before puberty be an Earthbound medievalist as an adult? But you didn't know me..."

I don't think Luis is criticizing you for being a medievalist at all. I don't know if him and I share sources of puzzlement, but for me it's your tendency to not worry so much about the factual implications of religious/dogmatic thinking and worry more about its cultural and emotional effects. Which is fine if the focus is religion's usefulness, but that was never the issue for me. To argue for its validity based on culture and emotion strikes me as ludicrous, and since I'm only interested in the factual nature of religion. Its use in binding humanity together (or against each other) is established, and basing your worldview on that is beating a dead horse to death until it dies.

"Heck, I could find those posts for you, as I once gathered most of them for Stormcrow. He couldn't make much of them either. I don't think liberal arts is his strong suit."

I love innuendo and shades of meaning, Mike, but only because it allows me to draw my own conclusions on what the author meant to say. Trust me, you do not want me doing that to your ideas. I couldn't make sense of those posts because they were full of ambiguous language, that, while fun to read, left me utterly in the dark about your real opinions.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins