Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Univolutionist :o) Cause I Like To Be Different! :) No Text.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.Sofir on December 14, 1999 08:24:08 UTC

: : ***I think that the word "creation" cannot even be used when describing the universe as a whole. : : There is no evidence that gives any value to any theory in which matter has not always exsisted in some form (energy included). Thus, rearrangement of what exists is the only logical conclusion at this point of the continuos present (presence). : : There is also no evidence to support that the universe is a closed system (has an end or limit) : : thus, we must recognize that most of our perceptions (even in science) are biased by the closed environment we live within, (our body/the earth/solar system/galaxy/known universe/big bang) : : So I guess I should allow myself the label of, um, : : Rearrangementist, or cyclist? Anyone have a better label to fit this kind of thinking? : -------------- : Definition of evolution in its broadest sense is simply change. This definition need not apply strictly to biology. Thus the evolutionist believes that certain aspects of reality such as matter (which is simply a manifestation of energy, E=mc2) may have always existed, but are expressing themselves in different forms. : Absolutely, It's certainly a possibility that the universe has always existed... in one form or another.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins