Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That Was Funny

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on August 11, 2002 09:00:35 UTC

Quote: "you have to allow your intelligence to distill the gross output of your imagination."

That was a fun turn of phrase!

I admit I give free rein to ideas in my head!
I've read that innovation company 3M have a similar policy to encourage the exceptional stuff that turns up from time to time with the crazy stuff!

Actually I figure truth will find its way through an un-repressed system. But you might then suggest geting drunk, as the Romans said "In vino et veritas" (in wine there is truth).

I'm not suggesting drinking though.

I open the door and see what arrives.

Good point. It had occurred to me to use other number-bases. I like the 0.1 as one third (you wrote one tenth but surely it is one third) in base three.

"Think about that for a while and figure out what the real problem is."

I already started doing that! The plot thickens very interestingly; you have clarified the issue.

Base-jumping is the problem.

Jumping from one base (category) to another without changing the base that the number is expressed in? As in: problem with math is it is generalisation: e.g. expressing fractions from perspective of one base only (e.g. base 10) creates pseudo-infinities?

If you used "base a million", or "base infinity", then?

-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins