Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
If Stormcrow's "age 19" Then's Mostly His "education" Talking

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on August 11, 2002 04:42:29 UTC

You wrote:
(excerpted and run together without malice on my part)

"In order to make sense of American foreign policy, you have to start thinking like a cold hearted politician rat-bastard. It ain't always easy. ...but Hussein is a famous dictator/tyrant ... But bear in mind, we have to be practical and pragmatic... Really, the only solution is to deal with the guys who are the biggest threats NOW, rather than hope to make the world an oppression-free utopia...
We just have to deal with the biggest threats as they come, and as far as potential threats go, Iraq is pretty high on the list."

1) Unlike your President, I did not "drink my way through college" to get my bachelor's degree. But during the last Gulf War, brown persons (at the university I was attending) harrassed me and slandered me a lot, causing grave career and financial damage (took me by surprise...I observed in retrospect that most and the worst offenders were brown) and I think they were all juiced up by the war. Strangely, they may have believed that they were serving the American side by being such nasty lying persons toward me. They also were not geniuses like you. Not one of them could sustain this conversation at as high a level as you have, yet several of them were being paid about $40 per hour when that was real money.
Remember, the Gulf Was fought to save Kuwait-- a black country awash in oil money. There was also a story confirmed in the press that the U.S. Ambassador, April Glassby or some name like that,
had given Iraq the impression that we were unlikely to intervene if they ran in to Kuwait.
Admittedly, I don't like any soldiers over running anyone for mere territorial gain. But the point is that I don't like all these brown vs brown wars because my experience was that the ones here got all juiced up and mistreated ME. I also saw that those persons were not ready to be trusted with
American political authority. I don't care if you think that's racist. I was there...they were savages, not fellow citizens...very irrational and untrustworthy.

2) I didn't get my opinions on this from any political affiliation but I did run for political office in 2000. Without politicians, I guess you just have military dictatorships or religious dictatorships. Politicians are persons who have to please a large number of persons they can't bribe or massage personally...on the merits of their rhetoric, presumably. PS.. being a Democrat in this district, I had no chance in 2000.
3) I don't necessarily oppose American military maneuvers to make the world a safer, better place, but I also DO NOT oppose open criticism of American foreign policy. It is this freedom that makes our military ever worth supporting. Without criticism, our leaders would make even more mistakes.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins