Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Logic 101

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on August 11, 2002 00:33:59 UTC

Sam,

Not sure if you’ve ever thought about cause and effect, but when you say something like the sky is blue because the sky is blue, you’re not really explaining anything.

>>>"He simply says design is evident."

Congratulations. You have put Behe’s conclusion into your own words. Nobody aware of Behe's book could sensibly argue that he doesn't claim "design is evident."

But when I said that I thought Behe suggests if we can't currently explain it with science, then we must accept the religious explanation, I was describing how Behe arrived at his conclusion that "design is evident." Your response was to remind us that Behe says "design is evident."

Think, McFly, think!

Aside from its function of further clarifying for the rest of us just how simplistically you contemplate these kinds of issues, your response to this assessment of mine was a waste of time and space. Next time around, please tell us how Behe approached formulating his conclusion.

>>>"By the way he is a thestic evolutionist, not a creationist." (sic)

http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/19061.shtml?base=120

Behe supports the notion that the universe was created. Hence, he is a creationist, if not a Creationist. And why are you so averse to his beliefs being labeled with a capital "C"?

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins