Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Why We Might Be Going After Iraq

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Whittier on August 10, 2002 23:23:08 UTC

They say it's:
1) because their leader is an oppressive tyrant. I don't like that at all either!
but our country actively trades with several oppressive tyrants.
2) because their leader's troops killed many people with biological warfare. I don't like that at all either!
but in the 20th Century our country never toppled the Japanese, Chinese or Nazi regimes while they were killing far more folks until after they came after us! We never went after the regimes in SE Asia or
South America or Central America who were making people disappear by the thousands.
3) because their leader's troops attacked Kuwait, which was part of Iraq until British divided it.
But when Communist China recently over-ran Tibet, our military response was zilch.
4) because they are trying to develop weapons of mass and self-destruction. But U.S. regularly talk with other Asian nations who have H-bombs...and didn't keep them from developing the weapons.
5) Because Iraq is not a fundamentalist religious nation.... Uh... I can't think of a counter example for that one. In fact, our president's political base, fundamentalist Christians and mysteriously conservative brown persons, has recently been building stronger ties with findamentalist Muslim governments who make their women wear veils and won't let women learn to read.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins