Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Not As Different As You Might Think

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on August 9, 2002 20:16:37 UTC

Mike,

>>>"conservative Christians in league with hard-line Islamic governments"

If you tend to separate what you consider into large mental blocks, chances are you aren't exactly a deep thinker. Sounds redundant, but bear with me.

If you're happy with where you are in life, and if you have arrived at this position through something more than sheer dumb luck, then you might equate your success with evidence for your ability to maneuver through the system within which you arrived at this very happiness.

Now, if you're happy with where you are in life, and you also happen to be one of those people who separates what he considers into large, mental blocks, then you may perceive a change in the current system as a threat to your own happiness.

The few who enjoy the riches of these Islamic governments, and a good deal of Conservative Christians share two things: (1) they are in "happy" positions, and (2) they think in large mental blocks.

Of course, I might be oversimplifying the issue. I might just be thinking in my own large, mental blocks.

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins