Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Feel You Did Not Come Into This With An Open Mind

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on August 9, 2002 08:20:07 UTC

If all we have to do is identify things that folks should not do which interfere with the rights of others to live their lives,
and then coerce them, I can jump on the bandwagon with you.
Our entire world economy runs less than optimum,
resulting not only in some ethereal complaint but
definite bottlenecks ahead-- which will most likely kill billions of humans, and wipe out a good part of the ecology. Why is this happening? Well, it sure is convenient to let things go as they may!

If you do not forsee this problem, I would like to know how you expect the world to support a burgeoning population of humans who are demanding ever more consumer comforts. Have you done the math on this? Do you have the information? I'm serious. Academia and research groups have published a lot of information. Try, for example, www.dieoff.org.

Your idea, if I understand it, is that folks less than three months after conception must have their rights protected by the force of police and courts. What kind of coercion should we do to take care of all the other problems?
I'm exploring this idea with you, but I remain skeptical that you have shown that sperms and eggs are less deserving of that "protection" than a fetus less than three months after conception...
if the woman carrying the fetus does not want to carry it to birth.
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins