Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Don't

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on August 8, 2002 21:02:12 UTC

"You only read half the arguement!"

Oops. But regardless, you are not supplying a counterposition. You're simply assuming that creationism is the only alternative to explaining unknown phenomena.

"Evolutionist claim that the reason the Earth's magnetic field is not decaying is because of the Earth's rotation, creating a 'dynamo' effect (This is my understanding). But this theory can not be used for Uranus's magnetic field because the rotational and the magnetic axis's are so far apart"

I'm not totally familiar with this effect, please elaborate.

"Titania is the largest moon of Uranus. It is about 50% ice. I just looked up a whole lot of info about asteroids, and I found asteroids rarley have ice, and when they do it would not be anywhere near 50%. So Titania would not have been an asteroid."

Well, as far as I know, Uranus has almost no water/ice/vapor. So, the next logical possibility is that Titania was a large comet.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins