Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Paper

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on August 8, 2002 14:22:54 UTC

What do you think of this paper on the subject?
KC2GWX 73's

The Malicious Effects of the Theory of Evolution on Three Notorious Men.

This paper deals with the effects of the theory of evolution, and how it influenced

the thoughts and actions of Adolf Hitler, Leon Trotsky, and Joseph Stalin. This theory

warped their thoughts, in their minds it gave them firm footing and scientific evidence

that murder, or the elimination of all other races, was justified. I will give evidence of

this through the actions and sayings of Hitler, Trotsky, and Stalin.

Adolf Hitler was undisputedly a barbarous and twisted man. He was born in Austria

in 1889. He was a decorated hero in World War I. But in 1919 he joined the German

Workers Party, later known as the Nazis. Hitler rose to power in Germany in 1933, and

and subsequently started World War II by invading Poland in 1939. In late 1941, Hitler

ordered the extermination of all Jews. During his reign there were recorded at least

six million Jews killed, and these killing were in part a result of Hitler's scientific belief

that Jews were an underdeveloped race. Hitler said, "But the preservation is bound to the

brazen law of necessity and of the right of the victory of the best and the strongest in the

world. He who wants to live should fight, therefore, and he who does not want to battle in

the world of eternal struggle does not deserve to be alive. Even if this were hard, this is

the way things are."(Mein Kampf. pg. 396-397.) That quote from Mein Kampf sounds a

lot like Darwin's 'survival of the fittest'. "Sir Arthur Keith, a well-known evolutionist,

assessed Darwin's impact on Hitler and Germany: 'We see Hitler devoutly convinced that

evolution produces the only real basis for a national policy....The means he adopted to

secure the destiny of his race and people were organized slaughter which has drenched

Europe in blood.'" (Boys, Don. "Evolution: Basis for Racism") Not only did Hitler kill six

million Jews, he also started World War II. The estimates for the number of deaths in

World War II are generally around 60 million people. In my opinion, after reading a

good portion of Mein Kampf, the book Hitler write while in prison, Hitler truly believed

that he represented the superior race, and the Jews and other races had to be destroyed if

he was to create a "master race". In the theory of evolution, Hitler found "justification"

for the slaughter of millions of innocent lives.

Leon Trotsky was born in 1879 in Ukraine. He grew up to be the military commander

for the Communist party in Russia, and he was known to be an evil man. In the Russian

civil war of 1918-1920, Trotsky used the Red Army of the new Soviet state to murder any

opposition; a horrifying example of how ruthless this man was his involvement with the

Kronstat Revolt. "Kronstadt was a naval fortress manned by 20,000 sailors, on an island

off Petrograd (now St Petersburg). In March 1921, the sailors (many of them sons of

peasants) revolted in protest at the theft of grain from their parents, and on behalf of

workers' freedom. On the orders of Trotsky, Red Army troops, dressed in white

camouflage, crossed the ice to the naval base, captured it, and massacred the sailors."

(Barry Woolley. "The Darwin/Trotsky connection".) Trotsky obviously had one thought

process, if you opposed it, he could eliminate you. What helped solidified this malicious

thought process? Darwin's theory of evolution. Trotsky himself said, "Darwin destroyed

the last of my ideological prejudices... In the Odessa prison I felt something like hard

scientific ground under my feet. Facts began to establish themselves in a certain system.

The idea of evolution and determinism-that is, the idea of a gradual development

conditioned by the character of the material world- took possession of me completely.

Darwin stood for me like a mighty doorkeeper at the entrance to the temple of the

universe. I was intoxicated with his minute, precise, conscientious and at the same time

powerful, thought. I was the more astonished when I read that he had preserved his

belief in God. I absolutely declined to understand how a theory of the origin of species by

way of natural selection and sexual selection and a belief in God could find room in one

and the same head." (Eastman, M., Trotsky: A Portrait of his Youth) What Trotsky said

requires no explanation. He clearly states that evolution gave him "hard scientific ground

under my feet." Scientific ground for what? The murders of thousands of innocent

people. Not only did he murder many, he also was to be heir to Lenin. If he had gotten

power, I believe he would have killed ten of thousands more, but "fortunately" Stalin

usurped this position.

Joseph Stalin was born in 1879 in Gori, Georgia, a province of Russia. When he

was studying at the Tiflis Theological Seminary, he read On the Origin of Species, by

Charles Darwin. One of his friends said that once Stalin read this book, he became an

atheist and said the book gave proof that there was no God. It is terrible that Stalin lost

his belief in God because of an unproven theory. If you have no belief in God, then why

is it wrong to kill others? Aren't we just highly evolved animals? Perhaps this was Stalin's

way of thinking after reading Darwin's book. In my opinion, if Stalin had not read

Origin of Species, he would not have become an atheist. I doubt if he continued to

learn at Tiflis Seminary that he would have gone on to murder millions. He was thrown

out of Seminary when he was 19, for his radical ideals. Even though Trotsky was

supposed to be Lenin's heir, Stalin took this position and exiled Trotsky. Over all the

years of Stalin's tyrannical reign, (1928-53) he murdered anyone who posed any threat

whatsoever. Estimates vary, but most figures say that Stalin killed around 14 million

people.

These three men combined have killed countless men and women, and Evolution,

to them, justified these murders. Unfortunately, this theory is taught as a complete fact

now, and who knows what negative influence this may have on future generations?

Even today, could this theory be shaping the mind of the next Hitler or Stalin with it's

unproven ideologies?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins