Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
(I Know! I Know!)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Pearson on August 7, 2002 02:57:12 UTC

Okay, kidding...
The Pope only inhabits one chair, one bed, one car at a time. He can only eat one person's meals.
If he has too many good books, perhaps Jesus would be sharing them better. But who am I to say?
Forgive me...just participating here.
As you probably khnow, any large amount of money controlled by anyone in the world
is a complex matter. Would Jesus allow wealth in stock to "ride" or would he immediately withdraw and spend it? Money is not wealth exactly. Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime. I suppose he would feed folks but would also teach them how to fish. Funny you asked. That's what education and church don't do very well any more...perhaps through only a little fault of their own. The questions have changed. We're probably in a temporary slide into the abyss. (It's temporary because either we'll land on the bottom where the world as we know it will end, or we'll stop sliding in time to rescue the world). Should the world as we know it succeed? What would Jesus do?
Would he become an economist and propose a better new economic model or adjustments to the current one...or just rapture us?
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins