Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What I See Looks Pretty Good

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on August 5, 2002 15:36:46 UTC

Hi Aaron,

***I mean if your a creationist your just laughed at any evidence you give and isn't even looked at throughally.***

I think the same thing holds in reverse. Only a small percentage of people believing in creation theories formally study evolution as taught by scientists.

***Unfortunatly most scientist countinue to hold evolution as fact when it is a theory and thus it is a belief.***

I disagree with this. Not since Newton's "Laws of Motion" have scientists claimed to know facts, i.e. truth. Instead they only claim to know theories. So you don't hear them talking about the Law of Evolution, but instead they call it the Theory of Evolution. And, you are right, any opinions that the theory is true represent beliefs. That's all that any of us has when you come right down to it.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins