Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Since You First Took Algebra Class In The Mid-1990s...wow

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on August 5, 2002 03:15:55 UTC

Sorry, but that post is again not up to your usual standard of adequacy. Maybe when you concentrate on your studies some more it will blossom. Your fiction writing shows good mental dexterity but to be so sassy to your elders would only be appropriate if they were really sassing you...like Yanniru was sassing me, or Alexander. But I had hoped you would know I was partly kidding, partly pointing out that your brash tone does not mix well with anything short of 100 percent. "The cautious tone of science" is a phrase that comes to mind again and again.
Do you belielve Enrico Fermi was noted for his cockiness and brash speculations, running ahead of his knowledge on so many matters? I cite him because he to has a lot of vowels in his name, and because he worked in the little town where I went to grade school...a few years before I arrived, but oh well. And because you are supposedly about 19 years of age and studying to be an electrical engineer, it might be near your vocation.
If you ask, "what has my age to do with it?"
the answer is that if you were fully mature, it would be too late, for so many of your responses are quite short of the goal, if the goal is good science.
Best wishes,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins