Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Talk About Missing The Point! :)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on August 4, 2002 04:19:38 UTC

Paul's post referred to the need for all people, not just scientists, to be open and flexible. You should apply such standards to yourself as well. As I said in my reply to Paul, scientific thinking is only religious if you extend its definition far enough: at which point it becomes just an academic exercise and not really true to the spirit of the term.

"They [rational people] don't know how life came into being, thus they must beleive that it happened by random chance."

We've been through this, Aaron. Absolutely NOT the case, Aaron. Most people who subscribe to evolution are theists. They don't believe it to be random chance. As for me, I simply do not believe one way or the other (intelligent design versus naturalistic processes.) I think currently naturalism better explains the observations, but that is far from an established belief, hence, far from religion. And I think most evolutionists would agree with that.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins