Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
If I Were Dick I Wouldn't Answer You...and You Rarely Answer Me!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on August 4, 2002 00:50:22 UTC

I don't know if you realize it, but we're
ALMOST ALWAYS SURROUNDED by cranks, crackpots,
bigots and folks fudging their science...
The vaunted Mercedes automobile may seem like the greatest achievement of precise engineering, but to me, it will be lucky if the effort in developing all the models was not wasted as perhaps the wrong mass-market transportation paradigm.
Yeah, Bruce...
Your question is right on the mark, but what about this:
If Dr. D. had a good answer to your demand it would be worthy of a science prize, and if he does have an answer, considering how you've
voiced your views, he would be generous to a fault if you were the one he told first.
But ...I don't know what he'll do.
I found Dr. Dick's point interesting that
in one geometry ( a "non-inertial coordinate system" he called it),
acceleration is like a pseudo-force pushes free objects in apparent straight lines, while the exact phenomenon in an "inertial coordinate system," the free objects travel in non-straight lines.

Anyway, Bruce, I think the rhetoric of Dr. Dick's physics ideas ( aside from any personal or historical observations ) provides me with some interesting reading and a look into a nice idea that all the interrelated equations must come together.

All interrelated laws must map coherently and
this is a look into that topic.
Don't be such a stranger, okay?
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins