Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Two Different Wavelengths?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on August 2, 2002 17:19:51 UTC

When I was 19, I was reading Carl Sagan's
The Cosmic Connection. I loved it! Was
also reading my Episcopalian Bible, received
as a high school graduation present. Also was reading lots of books that might be forbidden by Catholic or Protestant inquisitions, but I'm convinced the worst time my mind went through was when I realized folks around me were so unhappy and trapped, even though we are in a beautiful Creation and I am not so unlike them.
After I bought a copy of Carl Sagan's book,
the Demon-Haunted World..Science as a Candle in the Dark, which contained mainly things I already knew,
I received another copy autographed by a man who was on the original
Hubbell Space Telescope board. So I donated my first copy to a church library. Point is, these wavelengths aren't importantly different.
Mike

I don't feel over-run by zealots...I can't engage every one of their arguments without being paid,
but I think they have the ability to think and
might we not all learn from one another?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins