Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Vanity Of Man

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Fred Rains on August 2, 2002 08:19:04 UTC

LOL... oh come on folks. For over thirty years I've studied the few crumbs of knowledge that we not so humbly call science and the only thing I'm convinced of is how little we understand anything. The one thing we're good at is feeding our overinflated view of ourselves.

Look around you - all around you. Really look.

You're going to try and tell me that if I take a bunch of dust and give it enough time ( remember now to not only count the time since the purported 'big bang' but also the time it took all the dust to slowly come together in the first place)- that if I take all that dust and give it enought time that eventually you'll have me sitting in my lawn chair one evening taking in Omega Centauri while a garden spider eats mosquitos in a nearby gardenia bush. Give me a break. Step back from your trees and look at the forrest. And if that's not enough then how do you explain good and evil? Do you deny their existence? I hope not. Don't be taken in by all of the hype that its uncool ( as we'd say in the sixties..grin) to believe in God. And don't use all of us backsliders who occasionally use a rude word or laugh at an off color joke, as an excuse for invalidating God. There's a whole lot more righteous folks out there than there are self righteous. You just never hear about them... hmmm?

I used to be scared way down inside, then I asked Jesus into my heart and I'm not scared anymore. Now all this makes sense.

Ok, that's enough. Who wants to step up on the soap box? Next!

Fred Rains, P.E.

Favorite scope: Celestron G9.25 w/ Big Al's replacement wooden legs (solid!)
Favorite object: Omega Centauri
Favorite saying: Jesus loves you and I'm trying.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins