Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Wrong Again

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on August 1, 2002 13:54:13 UTC

***No. I am sorry As much as you would like to beleive otherwise 99% of true jewish Rabi's believe that the the earth is only 6,000 years old to reject that is to reject a core doctrine of Jewish faith that has been with it since the beginning. **

No. I am jewish- a member of the mainstream of judiasm that goes back to the time of Christ, the only one that does- and I know what Rabis think and what they do not think. Where do you get your information?

**Also it is insulting to think that the BOOK OF GOD can have any mistakes in it.**

If it is true that the bible contains no mistakes or contradictions, then why did Moses give us rules by which we can resolve contradictions and update the laws as the circumstances of jewish life change?

My personal view is that god dileberately allowed for mistakes in the bible just so we would learn to think for ourselves. Do you know that is Judiasm there is a prayer celebrating 'doubt'. Why do you think Jews became such good scientists. Skeptism is part of their- our- religion. Christians only take parts of the jewish religion that work for them and ignore the parts of judiasm that do not work.

For example, it is clear from the new testament, from the teachings of Jesus (not Saul/Paul who in my opinion transformed Christianity into something different) that you have to be jewish to go to heaven. He explicitly said that you have to keep all the laws of Moses- all 613- in order to enter heaven. You can only do so if you are jewish. It was also clear from what Jesus said that he came for the Jews, not for the Gentiles. So if you really love Jesus, become a jew like I did.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins