Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Poor Yanniru... Poor Yanniru...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on August 1, 2002 03:02:33 UTC

"The day by day rendition of the development of life corresponds the the scientific history of life on earth, except that two days got switched during the period of verbal transmission before the Rabis wrote it down."

There is no way this could have happened at all. When students were learning the scriptures not only did they have to know them forward, but also backwards! Think about that. Any error was corrected. There was just no way that what you describbed could have happened.

Not only that, but it says that birds and fish were created together. Evolution teaches birds come from land animals, but the bible says that birds came before land animals a complete disagreement.

Also it is insulting to think that the BOOK OF GOD can have any mistakes in it. Why would God allow such a thing to happen. Also why use the word day? There are other words in the hebrew languege that are much better to use that mean a long period of time. Why would God let these thing to be confused?

Another thing if the day is merely symbalic then what about every other time it is used? I guess the Sabath is merely just a symbalic period of time. Or Joshua days going around Jericho were mearly symbalic? Johna 3 days in the whale were also only symbalic as well...

How can you tell when the Hebrew word for day, "Yom" (I think that is what is right?), is symbalic and when it isn't?

"We know for sure..."

Right... Just like science knew for sure that draining your blood would make you well or they knew for sure that the sun went around the earth.
Am I claiming that I know for sure. Yes, but not from evidence, but by beleif! NOW I AM NOT SAYING THAT THERE ISN'T EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT MY BELEIF, just that I think I know my evidence shows that my beleif is true. Mabey my "belief" in the expansionist theory is wrong I can accept that. It just mean that God did it different. That is all.

"Do not get hung up on the Jewish calendar. Even they acknowledge that the world is much older than 6,000 years."

No. I am sorry As much as you would like to beleive otherwise 99% of true jewish Rabi's believe that the the earth is only 6,000 years old to reject that is to reject a core doctrine of Jewish faith that has been with it since the beginning.

God Bless :-)
-Aaron

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins