Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Trouble With Your Semantics

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 29, 2002 20:51:03 UTC

***I am not deriveing a valid algorithm! What I am saying is that no valid algorithm can fail to obey my equation. Those are very different statements.***

You will have to elaborate on this for me to get it.

But otherwise, you seem to agree that your sampling comes from invalid data where P=0, rather than where F=0.

If this is true, it is most mysterious to me. But mathematicians often prove things by proving that the negative or inverse cannot be true. This somehow sounds like the same thing. By finding constraints on all possible invalid algorithms, you automaticlly find constraints on the valid ones, assuming that there are no algorithms that are neither valid nor invalid.

It is unfortunate that you have such a low opinion of me as I suspect that no other has paid so much attention to you. I wish I could get the same attention for my work.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins