Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Vouch??

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on July 29, 2002 16:59:15 UTC

Hi Mike,

***Are you vouching for the accuracy of everything Dr. Dick said in that post...?***

I am an old man and I date back to the time when the teacher/student relationship was not a peer relationship.

When the professor delivered a lecture, and I learned something as a result, I didn't feel obliged to "vouch" for what he/she said.

No. I am not vouching for the accuracy of everything Dr. Dick said in that post.

***...or what?***

Here's what:

I have found, though hard work, that the veracity of Dick's paper is beyond my ability to confirm or deny. I also learned enough from it to arrive at a strong belief that what he has done is correct.

What I would like to see now, is for someone, who does have the capability of understanding his work in detail, to go through his work line by line and determine if there are any errors in it or not. It would also be nice if that person would do as you ask and explain the gist of what he has discovered in plain and simple English. That would be icing, or gravy, whichever you prefer more.

So, since I think Bruce might be capable of understanding the details of Dick's work, I appealed to him to start his debunking effort with the above post. If he finds an error in that, I wouldn't expect him to give Dick's paper any more consideration. If on the other hand, he finds no error in Dick's post, I will be immediately on hand to challenge him to have a serious look at Dick's paper.

Warm regards, you gadfly you,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins