Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Little Problem Translating 1.27 To "1.7"?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Whittier on July 29, 2002 05:32:34 UTC

Alan, there's no way I can fault you for posting that. In fact, whatever it says, my eyes water in appreciation. I will look into it.
If equation
1.27 were made into a brief narrative translating the calculus symbols into words, and well stating its algebra AS algebra... that might be enough.
But what you are doing in 1.7, before I study it, suggests an approach with which I agree. I only am sad that most higher math is used to make weapons while huge mistakes in arithmetic are made which create the conditions for those darn wars. As an example, human over-exploitation of the ecology is combining with a human population explosion which is fueled by the mainstream religious dogmas. Along with 1.27, we will have to review our equations alright!
Maybe this equation will let us build spaceships and export the silly, short-sighted human race to some more planets they can fill up!

Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins