Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Start Over

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on July 29, 2002 04:04:17 UTC

Hi Mike,

***What did you think was reverie?***

To tell you the truth, when I read your earlier post, I didn't even know what the word 'reverie' meant. I looked it up and found it means

"1. Dreamy thinking or imagining, especially of agreeable things; fanciful musing; daydreaming. 2. a dreamy, fanciful, or visionary notion or daydream." (Webster)

That's what I'm not interested in when it comes to solving problems.

Now, if you meant something else, then we may not disagree after all. You said

***Folks don't think except in reverie.***

I think you yourself said that we should be clear and analytical in our thinking, or something like that. I agree that most people, a lot of the time, engage in fanciful daydreaming, but sometimes some people think logically and carefully.

***Without reverie, they're just passing along someone else's ideas without thinking about them,***

Hmmmm. So do you mean that only with reverie can people think clearly about ideas? If so, you seem to have a different connotation of the word than Webster's 1. and 2. above.

It's too early for us to disagree, Mike; I don't even know what you are talking about yet.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins