Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
No, It's Too Early To Tell

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on July 28, 2002 04:30:26 UTC

Hi Mike,

***Just here to annoy you again.:)***

If that is your purpose, you are failing. You do not annoy me in the slightest.

I read what you said about Glenn and his post, and I have to agree with you. Nevertheless, I tried to give Glenn the benefit of the doubt, take him at his word, and challenge him to begin on the course he recommmends. Sort of put up or shut up.

Also, I did not mean to put down the importance of the history of ideas. I only meant that in order to begin finding a reasonable solution to our current problems, we need to go beyond that. You are right that that accumulated history is invaluable to us in our new endeavor.

***Have you read the book, Siddhartha, by the way? Paul or Glenn? Anyone?***

I have not read it.

***The meeting between the ascetic young man, Siddhartha and the Teacher, Siddhartha Gautama, is a fine departure point for reverie on the subject...including their subsequent paths!***

I am not very interested in reverie. I am more interested in some meaningful, realistic, strategic approach to solving our biggest problems. I think that the right kind of dialog on a forum like this just might provide an opportunity to make a contribution to that effort.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins