Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You're Fired But You Can Still Work In This Town

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Whittier on July 27, 2002 15:32:12 UTC

Dr. Thornton,
The problem was not that I am lazy. The problem is that your statement did not say much without further elaboration. It is just a nice start so far. In math and law, folks take time to define their terms precisely. If you want to communicate, sometimes you will have these slightly unexpected requests, such as, "could you please restate that," or "what do you mean by the word --- ?" When I asked nicely for further elaboration, you accused me of being lazy. This implies that you WILL NOT elaborate on the statement in question. Are you really trying to say that?
Have you read my previous posts on the topic of
precisely defining terms? Among those who have MOST strongly advanced the importance of precise language are:
1) Antoine: Lavoisier, discoverer of oxygen,
also considered the Founder of Modern Chemistry
2) Albert Einstein, author of the Theory of Relativity ...

I see real intelligence in what you said the first time...but how deep is it?

Don't tell me what kind of day to have! :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins