Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Wise Men Still Seek Him

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Earl on December 11, 1999 07:24:53 UTC

: Considering my suspicions and distrust of the human fabrication of history, I wonder about the evidences of Christianity. Divine inspiration and intervention are the elixir that justifies it's reason for being. Take that away and what does it have? I am very pragmatic when it comes to human behavior, especially when it comes to our over active imagination. Take huamnity to it simple core and I believe you will be suprised to discover the simplicity of the equation. Could the arrangement of our existence be so complex? I believe it is not. I will be forward here and I hope not to offend you, but what if he never died? Taking away the mysticism behind it all and under investigation of a criminal investigator's eye, I really wonder what happened after he was pulled down the cross?

: Tön

:Earl here :-) Paul the apostle asked the same question in convincing the people of Christs ressurrection. He said we are men most miserable and have become suddenly lost with not hope of salvation. But, he being stopped on the road to damascus by Christ himself calling him to preach to the gentiles certainly believed, then and was taught by revelation for two years by the Lord after that, he was raised a jew, a pharisee, and he suddenly saw how all the scriptures from Genesis to Malachi foretold of Christs coming, death and resurrection. I myself have doubts at times, being human, but each time I ask the Lord to show himself to me or prove me wrong and He does, He also points me to a verse of scripture, sometimes the Bible just falling open to that particular verse, (kinda like what happened to Sergeant York on the mountain), God speaks to us thru His word, and sometimes thru other people. Many believe in using the gifts of the Spirit in our churches, where someone gives a message out and another interprets, they have had some people from india in services, and someone who knew nothing about the language standup and give out a message in the dialect of his native country so that he could understand the message plainly. The person giving the message did know what they were saying but God did. I've had prayer and questions, answered that way. That is what the gifts of healing, messages, discernments, prophesyings, is all for, the edification of Gods' people. Where ever the gospel is preached there will be signs following as proof that God is in it. Thats what the Bible says. These signs shall follow them that believe on my name", said Jesus, and gave a list.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins