Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thank YOU!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on July 25, 2002 17:51:17 UTC

Hi Mike,

You are very welcome. People call me "Dick" so I won't find it disrespectful at all if you were to do the same.

I am looking forward to any reply you might make as you appear to be a very rational person. By the way, I also like science fiction quite a bit. Read it a lot when I was young but haven't done any serious reading since the 50's; go to the movies instead!

By the way, I am not putting forward a theory at all. All I am saying is that the universe and all that we know about it can be explained from my perspective. All I do is present my perspective and then deduce the consequences. At no point do I make any claim as to the correctness of my perspective. It is not a theory, it is a perspective. The question is, is it a valuable perspective? I think it is but I am the only person who understands it and that makes it of very little value to the rest of you.

One should never apologize for ignorance, not wanting to learn is the crime!

I don't mind Yanniru. I call him an idiot because, when I was brought up, an idiot was someone who followed the idiom (the accepted story line) without thinking. I think the term has lost its original meaning through the years.

Or perhaps it was the fact that my grandfather who taught English back in the 1800's always corrected me! A funny: he always got upset with my use of the word "that". According to him English had three articles: this, that and yon. This refers to an object near the speaker, that refers to an object near the listener and yon refers to an object near neither.

I am wondering (in my innocence) who could benefit from Yanniru's idiocy?

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins