Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
WOULD YOU FIGHT GOD?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Goodster on July 24, 2002 19:10:12 UTC

What I want to know is this....

Assuming God is true....

...If you are a good moral Atheist or Even if your a faithful, believing Christian, you may go to hell when you die, and if God chooses to send you to hell forever, and is torturing and killing your "soul", And to avoid more punishment, You would only have to accept God into your life. Even if the essence of hell is the separation from God--not really torture, but torment.

Would You Do It?

I mean lets be serious here. God is TORMENTING you, and the only way to stop it is to accept GOD!

What do you do?

Literally billions of people on this earth have lived and died without having known anything about "salvation"--without ever having seen a Bible. Now think what that means. If all the "unsaved" go immediately to a fiery hell at death, then more than half the people who have ever lived on this earth have been consigned to this terrible punishment without ever having had a chance to escape it!

If we include everyday sins, statistics show that approx. 98.98% of all people may end up in Hell.

What if I never even knew ANY god's?

And what if I choose the wrong God? or What if I just lie to avoid more torment, and say I believe, but get caught.

or what if I choose still not to believe, because if GOD is tormenting me, I would never consider worshipping him. Would I?

What about fighting back? Why can't I? And would I have support?

I mean, Un-Believers clearly have the statistical advantage!

Even if you are on of the lucky ones that ends up being saved by God, would you accept Gods choice to put your Daughter or Wife in hell, just because she is an Atheist.

My quetion is simple!

WOULD YOU FIGHT GOD?

Goodster----

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins