Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That's A Start, Bud....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on July 24, 2002 17:34:53 UTC

Hi Kenny
We agree that some folks miss the role of God.
You and I see things a little differently, though. Is that okay? For example, embracing
theology, even believing in Jesus Christ, is not
a litmus test that works well. It seems clear to me that atheists are just a part of God's flock being curmudgeons. There is no secret password,"Jesus Christ," to excuse and admit one to heaven. The point about BELIEVING is an encrypted communication between God and the Person...and nobody else can read it or understand it in today's world, as far as I've ever seen so far. That is why I do not want
religion to administer the world using religious buzzwords and religious dogmas. If they help put your mind and soul on the right phone line to God, and if sharing them is agreeable to your acquaintances and friends, then great! But never should they be an administrative byway to worldly acceptance.

Instead of political power, ETHICS should proceed from your conversations with God...although inconvenient, this is more honest and successful in the real mission than any other power religion might wield.

Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins