Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Forget One Little Thing...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on July 22, 2002 00:33:48 UTC

Very good. Frist one is of course a matter of faith. Though I beleive that god created light first for a different reason. Back in the day people loved to worship the sun for it was "the source of light and life." By creating life first it showed that the sun is not the original source of light and thus not the original source of life.

"It seems like the international community of scientists is sure making a lot of mistakes."

Yep. it happen all the time, look through history, theories are constantly changed and shall countinue to do so. To suggest that the scientists cannot make mistakes is foolish, but yet you make a good point when you say that we question scientists and their ways.

"How do we know their wrong? It says so in the Bible."

Because real science says so. Trigonometry shows that beyond a thousand light years is inacruate. Tell me how just inaccurate is the distance for something MILLIONS of light years away. It is foolish to think they know where it is untill we use something besides trigonometry to figure it out.

"Geologists can't seem to accurately measure the age of the Earth."

Nope. There is no chemical or radioactive way to determine if something is millions of years old. So how do they do this? They look at they fossil record. (That really has a lot to do with rocks.)
And by seeing which fossils are in the rocks they determine the age of rocks. Uno momento! How do they determine the age of the fossils? Well they do this by seeing which rock layer they are in... and what do we have? Circular logic. Thus they have no clue how old the rock or fossil really is and I'm not supposed to question this?

Oh back to the main point. the thing of forgot. The expansion thoery. I have brought this up before and I was surprised that you didn't list the leading theory. The theory allows for one to simaltaniusly have a universe that is 6,000 and 15 billion (or 30 if you wish) years old. Using the basic principle that time is just another part of space and the idea that time moves faster or slower depending on the speed at which you travel.

One can assume that time could be at different speeds IF the space in which it exist is at a different speed from the rest of the universe. So if we look at the edge of the universe it is said the be incressing in size at a quickening pace. (Warning referance to the Bible ahead) In the Bible it mentions several times where God streched out the heavens. Funny the Bible got another one right. Now if one looks at this streching one can by using some of good old Einsteins math see that as space is streched the rate at which time "travels" incresses. Thus one can have a slow center part of the Universe and faster and faster space and time as one leaves the center. Thus this faster space allows for one to have universe with different ages allowing for us to see that star that is way out there with out having to wait so long to see it.

Have a God Blessed Day!
-Aaron

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins