Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Guilty Coinscence?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on July 20, 2002 17:38:45 UTC

>>>"I'm not so sure you should count yourself
the evaluator of my comprehension."

I'm not so sure you should reveal you insecurities thusly. When I said "many," I didn't mean "the guy with many screennames." I never specified you, o complex-ridden one.

>>>"There is a way of explaining his work that makes it very clear, I think."

Maybe so, but not from the source itself. Even a satirical take on it seems to be a lot clearer than anything Stafford offers (like "The Theory of Nothing," for instance).

When I initially challenged him to concisely state the meaning of his work, I used relativity as an example. I basically said, "even a theory that so few could understand at first was easily expressed in a few words." Only later did I understand why he ignored this point and continued to offer no simple description. His theory is based within the rejection of relative time.

The recently sited commentary (the Google discussion group) sums up nicely how Stafford's stance is foundationally myopic. Even without understanding all the math, someone as uneducated as I can see what Stafford cannot see.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins