Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Not So Fast, Bruce!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on July 20, 2002 12:13:16 UTC

Hi Bruce,

I'm sorry but Dr. Dick's delta-function stuff (though I haven't checked it all) stands up very well to scrutiny.

I would like to see him precisely counter your arguments; and you expose any fallacies of equivocation etc. that he may be making.

Briefly, I think what Dr. Stafford may be saying is that the common concept of "time" requires the assumption of constant structure that is changing. But his analysis shows that the laws of physics give a constant changing that is structuring.

Since in this analysis there is a structure being built as it were out of nothing; your common concept of time is left hanging its hat on a zero.
The zeroes seem to have different masses; one might equate what we ordinarily call 'time' with 'mass'. It is already recognised that mass is frequency.

R. Stafford would be saying I guess that clocks do not measure this structure of vacuum, and cannot. Time itself is created by this structuring as it were of zero; as something is made out of nothing as it were.

If Dr. Dick will not defend his view, maybe I can (though I disagree on some things he says).

See my post re: Dr. Dick seems to be on right track.

-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins