Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I've Been Fished In

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on July 17, 2002 16:02:36 UTC

>>>""Please give an example of a mathematical relationship which cannot be experimentally validated!" (Stafford's challenge)

What about uncertainty? Is this the examplar stafford is looking for? It certainly substantiates what he deems to be the "thrust" of his work! Consider the following asseriton:

"Matter is dualistic. Every quanta is a 'particle' waiting to be examined, and every examined particle was previously a 'waveform.'"

Can this really be experimentally validated? This highlights, I think, the problem with science, as Stafford writes in his paper "The Foundations of Reality." The point is on-target, i think, though I still doubt very much he's proven anything (please, take my doubt with a grain of salt -- I am no mathematician and am therefore forced to judge Stafford's claim via circumstantial evidence).

But the UP is, I think, very damaging to anyone who might casually dismiss Stafford's ideals. Initially the problem of uncertainty was a relationship that could not be "experimentally validated." However, over the past several decades we've built a huge and awkward machine around the initial problem, and QM -- I think for some -- suffices as "experimental validation."

Maybe Stafford is/was specifically trying to get this answer, in order to prove the "thrust" of his work. Which, again, i think is not anything new (the "thrust," that is).

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins