Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm Relaxing . . . If You're Attributing.... Thanks!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on July 17, 2002 16:00:46 UTC

Hi John,
If you would like to be my publisher in future,
we could do that! You are the author of a great site and your foresight and effort deserve real applause and real support, imho. I have sought publishers in the past. I have an electronic novel too.

You wrote:"However, it is a good to not claim all the posts; I never intended to... honest. Some of them are quite bazarre. "

Well, my posts were called bad names by many anonymous posters whose identity only you know. I guess you are not claiming my posts as your own, then, anyway.

If this meant I could not use my own writing elsewhere which has been
seen here, with the proviso,"previously published at www.astronomy.net"
then I would be sad and it would seem peculiar.
But I don't think it means that.

I think it would be fair if the content of the website is copyrighted by the persons who created it. We have no contract unless money exchanged hands and an explicit agreement was made.

Otherwise, copyright would have to have passed from me to you somehow for correspondence I created ...without me knowing it!

I think you do have, and have earned, a flood of astronomy "love letters" at your website, from which you can draw literary sustenance and from which you may indeed write and publish your own works with attribution where appropriate. Attribution always signals a better writer to me, and is most enjoyable when used well.

Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins