Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on July 17, 2002 01:53:45 UTC

DrummerDick,

>>>"the ambiguity allows the creationists to capitalize on the confusion"

What ambiguity? I'm inclined to think any ambiguity was in your interpretation, and not in my expression. Besides, this person seems to think in huge, sweeping strokes. Big, neatly fitting blocks. In asking me to stop and clarify the terms I'm using, you're asking that I accommodate this person's huge mental blocks. You can't change a stubborn mind by obliging its stubborn views. It's as if I'm addressing someone who thinks in "black" and "white." I've made a strong case for "gray," but you step in to rebuke me for not saying "a mixture of black and white"? That grates on me.

>>>"the name itself implies gradualism, which really is an assumption in the theory supported by various postulated mechanisms"

It's the Darwinian version of Evolution that some do not agree to. But evolutionary theory, in general, is hugely agreed upon by the scientific community. "Gradualism" is as much an accepted fact as gravity.

>>>"any good ideas for a new name?"

During some of those American Revolution reenactments, I've heard some damned fine drumming. Some of that slow snare work is intricate and beautiful, especially when done by someone who can step into and out of the traditional double-stroke roll at the most unexpected moments.

Maybe... MinuteMan? You know,. it's the old double entendre (axions are pretty minute, heh heh)

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins