Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Parallel Universes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on December 9, 1999 17:46:28 UTC

: : I am working on a film project on the subject of : : parallel universes and would appreciate any information : : relating to this subject from academics or otherwise. : : feel free to email me at :emailtojs@cs.com

: : Many thanks.

: ***The only parallel universe I can think of is that of abstract thought, not that that is much help, very intresting topic! Is this for credit?

bzrd here: The notion of parallel universes is born of the materialist establishment as a means of increasing their probabilistic resources in light of the theological implications of the Anthropic Principle. For the uninitiated, the Antropic Principle states that the physical constants in the universe could only be as they are, in order for the universe and/or life to exist. Since it is mind-beggaringly improbable for all of the laws of nature to happen to be as they are in a spontaneously derived universe, "there simply must be many other universes". Further, if they did exist, their existance could only be proposed through deductive reasoning; a process that is vehemently disallowed when employed by Creationists. Why do I get the idea that this is not the answer Mr. Sutherland is looking for?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins