Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Neologizer Is On The Bindimch Right Now, So....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on July 14, 2002 03:28:09 UTC

If you can read this you are indeed patient!
Paul:
"...if by 'knowing' you mean that you are in possession of some absolute truth, then there is precious little, if anything, that qualifies."

Response:

If there is no use for the term "absolute truth," then we should not have it. I am content to
include any knowledge which a person from anywhere in the universe and during any billion year period (bentury) would recognize and agree upon with persons of any other...if they had the ability.

Some information about relationships exists.
Relationships between elements in the periodic table will, apparently,
remain the same, in context, even if
further information makes obsolete our current version
of atoms and electrons.
So in a sense, the knowledge is absolute only in the relative sense, which is also what I think of absolute time.

Above, you said, I must do something about that boredom! What do you think I should do?

Mikey Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins