Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm A Drummer Too

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on July 12, 2002 01:43:57 UTC

Yanniru,

"Drummer Dick vs. Doctor Dick"

I like that.

I'm a musician as well, and I'm not too shabby the percussionist -- from piano to traps. Who are your biggest drumming influences? Some of mine are Buddy Rich, Vinnie Colaiuta, Neil Peart, and Trilok Gurtu.

As far as the "meaty" stuff of your ideas, I'd like to take a look at your article(s). In fact, I'm heading over to www.The-Atlantic-Paranormal-Society.com as soon as I'm done here.

As long as the math is absent (or kept to a level the non-mathematician can readily digest) I think I might enjoy reading your thoughts. What has kept me from getting too deep with you in these matters is the old physicist trump card. Too many times I've had a physics PhD pull that one on me.

>>>"This is their opportunity. But no one picked up the ball. Perhaps they are on vacation."

Maybe (hopefully) everyone is vacationing. In fact, I just came off a pseudo-vacation (and deserved every moment of it!).

I enjoy the discussions with a lot of the regular posters here (Harv, Mario, Aurino, you, for examples), but it seems lately the only frequent posters are fundamentalist trolls, paranoid schizophrenics, & one extremely bored individual (the limitation of whose creativity rears its ugly noggin with each newly added screen name).

>>>"(my) hypothesis (states) that Dark Matter supports quantum consciousness"

I'm intrigued to see what you have to say about this, though reading universal consciousness into something beyond the initial force (BB) that sufficiently describes the current observations seems to me to be a dialectically excessive endeavor (how's that for a pretentious description?). BUT, this is only my initial instinct -- the feeling we all try to avoid, that ugly "prejudice" thing.

>>>"...so they could do to me as was done to DoctorDick."

Man, oh man. What to do about Dick? He's obnoxious, but he's engaging and brilliant. His ideas are tough for many to grasp (ultra-esoteric), but he's stubborn, rude, and most obviously delusional. He's not about to admit the last forty years are faultily constructed, and he expends much of that super brainpower developing the tools to protect his bruised ego. He knows how to rouse those supportive of his ideas, and he does this in areas where he must also feign total indifference toward those who see around his bullsh*t. Sadly, as a whole, he's to these discussion forums what wisteria is to pecan farms -- pleasing to the untrained eye, but mostly useless, and just about impossible to chase away.

(And here I am, about to provide another tree.)

Now, I don't have the math needed to properly consider the numbers behind his "theory of nothing," but it didn't take me long after engaging him in a discussion to see that he was a nutbag; I recall asking him to explain his assertion that Einstein's relativity was (at least partially) misguided. He responsed by offering a scenario that started out with something like --

"Imagine I have a wristwatch that controls time..."

Unfortunately, in the hashing out of his example, he didn't seem to realize (more likely, he didn't think I'd catch) that his scenario required for relativity to exist everywhere BUT within the space of the wristwatch bearer. It was necessary for the winder of the wristwatch to exist in a non-relative universe, though the actions of the winding of this person's watch were described as affecting everything else in quite the traditional, general-relativity (read, 'relative')way. Simply put, the scenario could have been more neatly contrived by a "Star Trek" script writer.

Well, physicist or no, I knew a little about the implications of relativity, and so I questioned the construction of his scenario. Stafford freaked out. Couldn't explain himself, of course, and suddenly I went from being "possibly one of the smartest people" he'd ever met, to "an absolute moron" (or something along those lines).

You're a lot different than Dick. I'm looking forward to reading your article(s).

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins