Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good Stuff In This String Of Posts

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.Sofir on December 8, 1999 03:27:03 UTC

: : : Is it because that this aspect of the sciences is allot more unforgiving with the arguments of religion, of God? : : : Tön : : ------------- : : I'd assume so. The good thing about being a free thinker is the ability to view things from various points of view. That's what the literal Christain lacks - just God, Christ, Satan, and that's it. Wham bam thank you maam, that's the only reality and perspective there is to these people. : : It's very restrictive, don't you think

: Beelzebub: : No no no, we Christians are cool! We have the Bible, that makes us strong and flexible. Nothing that is written in the Bible is clear, so we can interpret it as we want...hurray! That's why we can do all we want and we can justify it always by that what is written in this little, fantastic book. : With the Bible in one hand we can kill, cheat, lie and steal; and we must not fear the hell because we know always a way out...LOL...we Christians are so cool! And at the end of the year we get a big reward: The holy and marvelous Father Christmas will come and he will bring us a lot of valuable stuff...hurray! : I'm so happy to be a Christian!

***Having what one needs is great, many do not, in this economically driver society, the system has taken over every aspect of life, the old values have been replaced with bussiness values, in family life, in virtually every social setting, in religion... The split which created protastntism was backed by intrests of the merchants, and the kings/pope lost alot of thier economic might/control/power. Today, there is nowhere left in the world where one can go and settle on a piece of land, carve out an exisitance, and be free from outside influence, if you try, then you are an evil against the greater social good... Thier ways are forced upon us today, no matter what your belief social status, well, if you are one of the top .5 to 1 percent you are pretty much immune, and the next ten are pretty much godlike in thier influence. Even free thinkers must work within the system, there is nowhere left to isolate. If I won the lottery (who controls that?) I will build a shelter to secure a place for my offspring, and also build a survival ship to wait out any catastrophy (natural or manmade) so that my chain can continue. Whoa, what an extreame and insane idea, better to perish with all others? The powers that be have such accomidations, you can bet on that, and the political heros have thier security provided at our expense! Thats enough fanatasism fer now. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins