Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's All In The Interpretation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on July 10, 2002 12:57:31 UTC

I assume you are referring to this line:

***The God of the Bible is amorphous, contradictory, and so forth.***

The first and foremost reason is the way in which that god has been interpreted and reinterpreted throughout the ages. The picture most have on him now is vastly different from the one people had five hundred years ago. In a truly constant and divine book, I don't think we should see this kind of mutation (evolution?) Moreover, god evolves in the Bible itself. In the OT, he was a vengeful, jealous warrior deity, but in the NT he must have had a midlife crisis or something because he made a whole about-face on that whole genocide thing. If god is truly omnipotent, I don't think he would be capable of changing his mind in such a fashion.

Plus, there are some contradictions in the bible that contradict other things it says, if you'd like me to post them.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins