Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Wise Words Often Fall On Deaf Ears

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on July 9, 2002 14:11:22 UTC

Richard,

I appreciate your efforts trying to explain physics to us mere mortals, but all I get from any explanation of QM is confusion. I can probably blame that on my lack of expertise on the subject.

Back to my first post, what I really meant was that any explanation of consciousness based on QM will not make sense to people who know much about one subject and little about the other. I have never, ever heard of anyone who's knowledgeable in both fields, and that's the only reason I think a QM-based model for consciousness is doomed to fail. I happen to think Dick's paper is one such model, a very good one as far as my understanding goes, but it failed nonetheless.

It's really an imbroglio as far as I can tell. We are in desperate need of an Einstein.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins