Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Am Moved To Comment!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on July 8, 2002 16:51:00 UTC

Mario,

I still occasionally read this forum (mostly only Aurino's or Paul's comments as they are the only people who seem to think much); however, in order to understand their comments, I also often read what they are responding to. Your comment:

Mario: What happened to Stafford wasn't that people misunderstood him (which, sure, they did, but that's another matter) so much as it was that he couldn't fend off Yanniru, the Warrior King. At least, that's what I gathered.

moved me to respond. What stopped my correspondence with Yanniru was when he convinced me that his understanding of mathematical physics was inadequate to the discussion. If you go back and look at his comments concerning the results of integration over product functions including the Dirac delta function, even you should be able to comprehend some of his failures. Most obvious was his confusion concerning indices on arguments. He clearly confuses the constraint that i is not equal to j to imply that x sub i is not equal to x sub j. These two statements have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

See

http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/17212.shtml?base=180

and the following discussion!

Some of his other statements are just as asinine but, to understand why, you would need a better education in the application of the Dirac delta function and the consequences of integration over an expression including that function as a multiplicative factor. I left off from the argument with Yanniru for only one reason: the man is totally incompetent to discuss the mathematics in my presentation.

That fact further indicates the level of mathematical comprehension on this forum and, without a decent understanding of mathematics, what I have done is totally beyond comprehension. Thus to try to explain any of it here is an out and out waste of time!

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins