Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Should We Not Ask Why: Mind Over Matter Over Mind?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on July 5, 2002 22:34:15 UTC

Should we not ask why: Mind over Matter over Mind?

To me mind seems to be the RESULT of the cooperation of thoughts within matter itself. I.e. matter is always after thought and thought should not be considered to be the same as a mind.

To me mind is the whole of matter and thought working as though as one like team. Yet I believe that Thought can exist without matter. Otherwise what would be the point of memory? What would be our purpose of learning and remembering and even forgetting that we are to exist in a life beyond the grave? If our bodies are subject to decay and death, in this time line that we now exist in, how could we conclude that matter could be over time? This is as odd as two over one or 2/1.

To me WILL is the result of thought

Please explain:

1) How you equate thought to be the same as mind?

2) How you equate WILL with the moving of a limb? [is it that you are saying: one could be willing to move a limb that has been severed too? or are you saying that a limb can be willed to move while separated from the body and detached from artificial connections too?]

Your implications, If I have understood you correctly, sound funny. No?

Regards,
Jisbond

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins