Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Rquesting Your Clarification On Some Points

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on July 5, 2002 20:00:26 UTC

You wrote:
"You see, to me G_D has to be too much exalted for any need to develop or learn as we see ourselves do."

Will you restate this a little please? For I cannot determine what it means without further elaboration.

You wrote:
"If a lizard grows a new tail and a worm grows a new section when the tail or the section drops off or is cut off and if sharks and elephants regenerate their teeth then humans should be able to do the same or more"

Very worthwhile goal, I agree. Also, very much more complex, I think. If the human brain is so much more complex than teeth or tail, then perhaps repair work, physical or abstract, might be more involved. Fortunately, as you suggest in your post about meditation, the brain repairs itself if given the right conditions and instructions. Still, personal internal complexity may require special kinds of attention. So, too, will complexity between persons and between societies. Worth spending more time conversing...yet each would need to bring a prepared mind to the conversation and know when to go back to do more preparation rather than argue over matters neither quite knows as well as needed. Thank you, Jisbond,
for being a kindred spirit toward letting the Universe be all it can be !

Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins